What Are the Best Bonuses?
One of the biggest attention grabbers a bookmaker can offer is giving you the best sports betting bonuses. Being such a highly competitive market, and with so many new potential customers up for grabs, the gloves come off when it comes to getting those punters through the proverbial front door. This is where being in possession of the best sports betting bonuses in the market come into play.
The Best Premier League Bonuses
Best Odds and Bonuses
There are all sorts of sports betting bonuses up for grabs these days. You can find yourself with a free bet, a deposit match bonus, a reload bonus – or more. However, they aren’t always as good and as exciting as they look. Because of this, you really need to check out the small print. Sometimes, the bonuses that look great on paper can work out to be nothing but smoke and mirrors. Conversely, the bonuses that don’t seem to have that elusive sparkle can sometimes be the best. Remember the saying “All that glitters is not gold”? Well, that can be very true when it comes to the sports betting bonuses. Here’s our guide of what’s hot and what’s not in the world of the betting. It’s time to take a look at the best sports betting bonuses on the market.
The Best Premier League Odds
How the Best Sports Betting Bonuses Work
Because bonuses are the most popular way to entice players to use their sites, it is vital for new players to really understand how the best sports betting bonuses work before they commit to one – or more of them. This way, you are more likely to get the very best sports betting experience available to you.
On the whole, there are really 2 different types of sports betting bonuses. Firstly, there’s the welcome bonus, which is only available when you initially decide to join a betting site. After this, there’s the ‘lifetime bonuses’. These are the bonuses that you’re entitled to claim for your entire time as a member of an online bookmaker. Thus, when you choose an online bookmaker, you should look at all of the bonuses that are on offer. That way you will be able to truly make the most out of your entire sports betting ‘career’. This is often what is referred to in the business as a ‘Lifetime Value’.
It is incredibly important if you plan on making online sports betting an ongoing fixture in your life. You must be savvy to ensure you understand the best bonuses so you’re not caught out by cheeky wagering requirements. However, don’t let big awesome bonuses go to waste.
Check the Details
Because of the importance of checking all sign-up bonuses carefully before deciding which one to pick, you need to take your time and not rush into the first one that pops up. When you finally pick one, take your time and make sure you understand the process fully. You need to claim it on sign-up, and if you don’t execute this properly, then you may lose out altogether.
When you do decide to claim and sign up, give yourself plenty of time. It can take anywhere up to 20 minutes to correctly sign-up to a new online bookmaker for the first time. If you rush it because you’re worried about missing the beginning of the game, you could potentially mess up. Give yourself plenty of time to work through the whole process carefully. Claim the right bonus correctly and then you can worry about what bet you are going to make first.
Wagering Requirements – The Low Down
Wagering requirements are sometimes referred to as the ‘rollover’ or the ‘playthrough’. These aren’t difficult to understand once you get to grips with it. The wagering requirement is simply one of the terms that are imposed by the online bookmaker before you are able to withdraw any money won from a bonus that has been awarded. This requirement is always referred to as a multiple. It is always written in the terms and conditions of any bonus on offer.
Let’s look at an example of a wagering requirement and see how it would work in real life, so you can understand exactly how simple it is to figure out once you completely understand the term:
Imagine that one of the bookmakers is offering a £150 match bonus when you deposit £150 on sign up. You then read the terms and conditions and see that you can only withdraw the bonus and winnings when you have fulfilled the 5-times wagering requirement of the bonus and the deposit. This simply means that before you can withdraw anything from that bonus, you must place real money bets totalling £1,500.
So, how did we come to the sum of £1,500? Well, the bonus plus the deposit is £150 + £150 and the wagering requirement is 5-times, so you work it out as (£150+£150) x 5 = £300 x 5 = £1,500. It’s a very simple process to work out. This is obviously only the case if it is a deposit match bonus. If you are awarded a £20 free bet, then because no deposit is required, the wagering requirement only applies to the bonus: 5 x £20 = £100. So, here you would only need to bet £100 in real money bets to make a withdrawal from the bonus.
How It Affects Your Bonus
The important thing is how this affects your bonus and your experience. Ultimately you need to know how you can use this bonus to make money. Firstly, it’s important to understand that wagering requirements means the amount that you actually wager and not the amount that you actually lose. So, if your wagering requirement is £1,500, as in the above example, you must simply make £1,500 worth of bets. They all count – whether you win or lose.
Another important factor to note is that the bookmakers always give it as a multiple as opposed to simply £1,500. This is because you do not have to take the entire amount of the match bonus on offer. Just because it’s a 100% match bonus up to £150, you don’t have to claim the entire £150. If you’d rather make a smaller deposit and get a smaller bonus with a smaller wagering requirement, then you can. You could simply make a first deposit of £50, get yourself a £50 match bonus and have a wagering requirement of £500 [5 x (£50+£50)]. Commonly, even if it’s a set amount on a free bet, they will still write the wagering requirement as a multiple rather than set amount, even though it is a set amount. This is simply for continuity’s sake really. Traditionally, online bookmaker s always write wagering requirements as a multiple and generally punters take very little time to understand them.
Is it a Good Bonus?
Now you know exactly what a sports betting wagering requirement / rollover / playthrough is, but it’s important to know whether the one on offer is good or not. The rule of thumb is generally that any sports betting wagering requirement that is 5-times or below is pretty decent. Some even going down to a 2-times wagering requirement. On the very rare occasion, some welcome bonuses have no wagering requirements at all as a special promotion – and these are like gold dust. However, if you see a great looking bonus that has a wagering requirement of 10-times or 15-times, then you should think twice about taking it up, because more often than not, these terms are almost impossible to fulfil – especially if a bookmaker has attached a time limit to it.
The Best Sports Betting Bonuses
Looking through all the online bookmakers to check out the bonuses and read all the terms and conditions attached can be a long – and very arduous task – no-one likes to read through an endless stream of small print. The good news is that now you don’t need to do that because we have done all the hard work for you. Here at winnningsportsbets.co.uk, we have gone through different bookmakers, looking at all the bonuses – welcome bonuses and ongoing bonuses along with the terms and conditions attached, to make sure you get the very best lifetime value with the best terms. To find out what the best deals are on the market then check out our comprehensive list of the best bookmakers for bonuses and promotions.
Our Tips for Sports Betting Bonus Success
To get you on the road to successfully picking the very best sports betting bonuses out there – here are our tips:
Wagering Requirements and Time Limits
- Read all of the terms and conditions of the bonus very carefully. Sometimes the heading and the wording of the bonus offer makes it seem far more exciting than it actually is.
- Make sure the wagering requirement is fair. The best bonuses come with a wagering requirement that is 5-times or less. If there is a wagering requirement bigger than that, then the bonus isn’t really worth much as the terms will be almost impossible to fulfil.
- Check the time limit. Often, bookmakers attach time limit to a bonus. On most sites, the bookmaker will give you anywhere between 1 month to 3 months – sometimes even more. However, there are certain sites that give incredibly short time limits. This is another term that can render the bonus virtually pointless.
Maximum and Minimum Requirements
- Look at the maximum bet size. Sometimes the bookmaker attaches a maximum bet size to a bonus. Often this is represented as a percentage of your total bonus. Often it’s around 30%. So, if you claim a £150 bonus then a bet of over £45 at any time will automatically void the entire bonus. There have been cases where because a player has exceeded this, not only has the bookmaker voided the bonus, but it has also voided the wins, offering them just the initial deposit back. Look at this very carefully to avoid such problems.
- Check out the minimum odds for bonus clearance. Often an online bookmaker will stipulate that there is a minimum odds term for bonus clearing bets. This is to avoid players simply placing the bonus money on an event that is almost a certainty in order to claim the bonus money. This would most certainly leave the sportsbook at a huge disadvantage. Most good sites will not allow these bets to contribute to the wagering requirements; however some less reputable online bookmakers might use them as an excuse to void both the bonus and winnings – so tread carefully here.
- Finally, make sure that the bonus isn’t just for ‘wagering requirements only’; this means that they’ll never allow you to withdraw the bonus at all – the bookmaker deducted it at the point of withdrawing the winnings. This would actually mean that it isn’t really a bonus fund all.
With all these top tips in mind, make sure you come over and check out the online bookmakers with the very best bonuses right now.